Sunday, June 10, 2007

Busy Busy Busy!

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted on this blog! There are so many new things going on at the shop.

First, the website is up and, while I'm still loading the database for the shopping cart, the site is now operational! We even have the Merchant Mall link up and running under the "Charts" button so you now have 85% of the charts that are on the market just a click away.

Second, last weekend (June 1-3) was needlework and yarn market and so all the new items we've ordered have started to arrive. In fact, I just received an email Thursday that the new Berroco acrylic yarn "Comfort" will be delivered on Tuesday (6/12.) I'm not sure where I'm going to put it... which means we'll be doing a little "cleaning house" (if you get my drift) sometime in the next couple of weeks. Sydney (our teen help) is going to be so surprised when she gets in on Wednesday. LOL!

I urge you to go to the Berroco website ( www.berroco.com ) to check out all the new designs and yarns! While you're there, sign up for their newsletter. It arrives every Friday morning and has LOTS of great information regarding trends and colors, as well as free patterns.

Reynolds yarns will be arriving here in July and August, and we have a second shipment of Berroco yarn due here in August, as well. Watch for more information about the new yarns in a later post.

The Patriotic Sale went well this past weekend. All patriotic charts, as well as red, white, and blue yarn, were on sale to those customers who had made a purchase in the past 45 days. (We handed out discount coupons with each purchase.)

The discount flyers were such a hit that we'll continue the "specials" right through September. You'll receive the flyer with your next purchase... and if you have a full Busy Needle Customer Care Card you may use it in conjunction with the coupon discount, except in September.

One final website note I forgot to mention... Kevin, the web guru, will meet with me at the house tomorrow (Monday) to help finalize the set-up of The Busy Needle's shopping cart. Hopefully when he leaves you'll be able to make online purchases on Tuesday morning. My next goal is to upload the sale yarn next! Yea! Watch for it in the next two weeks.

Well, the Toni Awards are on and I don't take enough time for myself, so I'm going to go and watch them. (Kevin, please forgive me for not continuing to upload data, but my eyes are now crossed!)

More later!

No comments: